The Secondary Password is part of multi-factor authentication that helps protect your account from unauthorized access. In the event that we detect a variation in your login pattern, we will prompt you for your Secondary Password to confirm your identity.
I’m being prompted to create an 8-10 character Secondary Password. Why?
Recent FFIEC Regulations require all financial institutions to increase security for online banking. To comply with the new guidance, Secondary Passwords must meet the minimum length requirement of 8 characters.
Why am I being prompted for my Secondary Password?
Our multi-factor authentication system has detected a variation in your login pattern. This can occur for the following reasons:
- You are using a different computer or web browser.
- Your Web browsers cookies have been cleared.
- You have not accessed your account online in the past six months
- You are attempting to login from a different IP address or geological location that is outside your normal login pattern.
I cannot remember my Secondary Password. What do I do?
Click the link at the bottom of the page Forgot your Secondary Password? Click here to request a Temporary key. We will e-mail you a one-time use key that you can use to gain access your account. The temporary key will only be valid for one hour from the time it is requested.
If you do not receive the temporary key, please call us during normal business hours at 512-302-5555 option 5 to have your Secondary Password reset.
How do I change my Secondary Password settings?
- From the Austin Telco homepage type in your account number and click the forward arrow.
- Type in your Access Code and check the box next to “Change Secondary Password Settings” then click “Continue”.
- Update your Secondary Password settings as desired, then click “Save”.