Full Time Collector
The ideal candidate will have previous collections experience preferably with a credit union or financial institution. He or she must be familiar with the Texas Debt Collection Act, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, & the Fair Credit Reporting Act and have excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks. The ideal candidate must also be able to pass a credit check and a criminal background check.
This position is within the loan department and focuses on collection efforts for past due loans. Responsibilities for this position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing exceptional member service
- Answering incoming calls and make outgoing calls
- Assisting members in person
- Generating collection letters
- Replying to department emails and member secured messages
- Processing loan extensions
- Processing of asset recovery mailings, credit inquiries, and member disputes
- Account research and analysis requests
- Assisting with beginning stages of account levies and bankruptcies served
- Performing administrative duties, as assigned
The full time position schedule is 7:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. Monday through Friday. On occasion, the Collector will work on Thursdays from 9:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. and Saturdays from 8:45 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.
How to Apply
To apply for any of these positions, apply online or download our employment application. If you download our application, complete the form and fax it to 512-206-3551 or email email@example.com.
*Relatives of current employees or relatives of volunteer members of the Board of Directors or Supervisory Committee are not eligible for employment with Austin Telco. A relative is defined as any person who is related by blood or marriage, or whose relationship with the employee is similar to that of persons who are related by blood or marriage.
Applications are accepted at any ATFCU location. Austin Telco Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.