Google Pay™ is a safe and secure way to pay using NFC to transmit payment information and uses secure servers which protects your card information. The merchants will never receive your full payment detail.
- Touch Google Pay
- Touch the + sign to add a credit or debit card.
- Position your card inside the camera frame to automatically enter your cards numbers and expiration date. Enter the security code found on your card and provide any additional information as required.
- Accept the terms of service and set your screen lock if you do not already have one to complete the process.
How to Use Google Pay in Participating Stores:
- Wake up and unlock your phone.
- Hold the back of your phone against the contactless payment terminal.
- If prompted, choose "Credit" regardless of your type of card.
- You might have to enter your PIN to complete your purchase.
FAQ for Google Pay
What is Google Pay?
Google Pay allows you to pay for your purchases with your Android Phone by holding your phone near a NFC reader.
What do I need to get started with Google Pay?
- Android phone running Kit Kat (4.4) or higher. Your phone also needs to support NFC (Near Field Communication) and HCE (Host Card Emulation). To see if your phone supports NFC, go to settings, touch the "More" option, under "More" make "NFC" is listed and turned on.
- Touch ID or PIN on your device
- Google Account
Which Austin Telco cards can I use with Google Pay?
You can use Austin Telco Visa Credit and Debit cards.
How do I change my default card to my Austin Telco card?
You can change your default card in two ways:
On your phone
1) Open the Google Pay App.
2) If you have multiple Google Accounts in Google Pay: At the top left, touch your name, then choose an account.
3) Double tap your Austin Telco FCU card, then touch Set as default card.
4) Or touch and drag your Austin Telco FCU card to the "Default card" spot at the top of the app's Home screen.
On the web
1) Sign in to payments.google.com
2) On the left, click Payment methods.
3) To the right of your Austin Telco FCU card, click Set as default.
How secure is Google Pay?
Google Pay is very secure. Google Pay keeps all your payment information encrypted on secure servers. Your full details are never stored on your phone or shared with merchants when you buy something.
Am I able to opt out of Google Pay at any time?
Adding your debit or credit card to Google Pay is your choice; you can add and remove cards when needed.
Which merchants are participating?
You can currently use Google Pay at over one million stores across the US as well as some of your favorite Android apps.
Is Google Pay free?
Yes. Be aware that message and data rates may apply, depending on your data plan.
Where can I get more information on Google Pay?
More information is available at https://pay.google.com/about/
Mobile Wallet Terms