Samsung Pay is a unique and innovative mobile payment solution that allows you to pay at almost any terminal that you can swipe or tap your Austin Telco credit or debit card. Samsung Pay uses NFC to transmit a short-ranged wireless signal from the device to a merchant's contactless payment terminal. Samsung Pay also utilizes Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) which sends a magnetic signal from the device to the payment terminal's card reader, emulating a physical card swipe. Samsung Pay's ability to use both NFC and MST transmissions expands the number of terminals where you can use this service.
After downloading and syncing Samsung Pay with your Samsung Account you will need to do the following to add your ATFCU card.
- From the Home screen, touch Apps
- Touch Samsung Pay
- Touch ADD or, if this is the first payment card being added, touch Add a credit or debit card.
- Align your card inside the frame to automatically detect the card numbers and expiration date. If you choose to enter the card manually you can select Enter card manually at the bottom.
- Enter the remaining information and touch NEXT.
- If requested, enter your billing address and touch SAVE.
- Review the terms and conditions, and then touch AGREE TO ALL.
- If necessary, select a method to authenticate your identity using a one-time password (OTP).
- Enter the OTP and touch SUBMIT.
- Touch DONE to complete the process.
How to Use Samsung Pay in Participating Stores:
- Swipe from the bottom of the screen to the top to access your payment cards.
- If necessary, swipe to the left or right to access the desired card.
- Place your finger on the Home key to verify your identity. If you are using your Samsung Pay PIN, touch PIN and enter your four digit code.
- Place the back of your device against the card or NFC reader on the payment terminal.
- If necessary, complete the transaction on the payment terminal.
FAQ for Samsung Pay
What is Samsung Pay?
Samsung Pay allows you to pay for your purchases with your Samsung Galaxy Phone by holding your phone near a card or NFC reader.
What do I need to get started with Samsung Pay?
- Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 active
- Touch ID or PIN on your device
- Samsung Account
Which Austin Telco cards can I use with Samsung Pay?
You can use Austin Telco Visa Credit and Debit cards.
How do I change my default card to my Austin Telco card?
Samsung Pay does not have the option to set a default card. When you open Samsung Pay, the most recently used, viewed, or added card will display. Simply swipe left or right to select a different card.
How secure is Samsung Pay?
Very. When you use Samsung Pay, you will need to authenticate by using your fingerprint or Samsung Pay PIN before the information can be sent to the payment terminal. The merchant will only receive a token, and your payment information will be kept secure.
How are my privacy and personal information protected with this token?
The token will be sent to the payment network, where it will be decrypted and verified against the information stored in a secure vault on internal networks. The merchant will only receive this token and your payment information will be kept secure.
Am I able to opt out of Samsung Pay at any time?
Adding your debit or credit card to Samsung Pay is your choice; you can add and remove cards when needed.
Which merchants are participating?
You can currently use Samsung Pay at virtually any location that accepts your ATFCU Visa Card. You can visit samsung.com and other third party websites to review updated lists daily. *Note* You cannot use Samsung Pay at ATM, Gas Pumps, and any location where they have to take your card away from you.
Is Samsung Pay free?
Yes. Be aware that message and data rates may apply, depending on your data plan.
Where can I get more information on Samsung Pay?
More information is available at samsung.com/us/samsung-pay.
Mobile Wallet Terms