A digital wallet also known as "e-Wallet" is an electronic device, online service, or software program that allows one party to make electronic transactions with another party bartering digital currency units for goods and services. Austin Telco supports three types of Digital Wallets; Samsung Pay, Google Pay™, and Apple Pay®.
Samsung Pay is a unique and innovative mobile payment solution that allows you to pay at almost any terminal that you can swipe or tap your Austin Telco credit or debit card. Samsung Pay uses NFC to transmit a short-ranged wireless signal from the device to a merchant's contactless payment terminal. Samsung Pay also utilizes Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) which sends a magnetic signal from the device to the payment terminal's card reader, emulating a physical card swipe. Samsung Pay's ability to use both NFC and MST transmissions expands the number of terminals where you can use this service.
After downloading and syncing Samsung Pay with your Samsung Account you will need to do the following to add your ATFCU card.
- From the Home screen, touch Apps
- Touch Samsung Pay
- Touch ADD or, if this is the first payment card being added, touch Add a credit or debit card.
- Align your card inside the frame to automatically detect the card numbers and expiration date. If you choose to enter the card manually you can select Enter card manually at the bottom.
- Enter the remaining information and touch NEXT.
- If requested, enter your billing address and touch SAVE.
- Review the terms and conditions, and then touch AGREE TO ALL.
- If necessary, select a method to authenticate your identity using a one-time password (OTP).
- Enter the OTP and touch SUBMIT.
- Touch DONE to complete the process.
How to use Samsung Pay in Participating Stores:
- Swipe from the bottom of the screen to the top to access your payment cards.
- If necessary, swipe to the left or right to access the desired card.
- Place your finger on the Home key to verify your identity. If you are using your Samsung Pay PIN, touch PIN and enter your four digit code.
- Place the back of your device against the card or NFC reader on the payment terminal.
- If necessary, complete the transaction on the payment terminal.
Google Pay™ is a safe and secure way to pay using NFC to transmit payment information and uses secure servers which protects your card information. The merchants will never receive your full payment detail.
- Touch Google Pay™
- Touch the + sign to add a credit or debit card.
- Position your card inside the camera frame to automatically enter your cards numbers and expiration date. Enter the security code found on your card and provide any additional information as required.
- Accept the terms of service and set your screen lock if you do not already have one to complete the process.
How to use Google Pay™ in participating Stores:
- Wake up and unlock your phone.
- Hold the back of your phone against the contactless payment terminal.
- If prompted, choose "Credit" regardless of your type of card.
- You might have to enter your PIN to complete your purchase.
Austin Telco FCU members can use their Austin Telco credit and debit cards with Apple Pay®! Apple Pay is an easy, secure, and private way to make purchases. Use it to pay in stores without swiping your cards and in apps without entering your payment contact information. To pay, just hold your iPhone® 6 or higher near a participating merchant's contactless reader. A vibration and beep let you know your payment has been accepted. You can also use Apple Pay with shopping apps such as those for Target®, Panera Bread®, Petco®, and Uber®.
- Go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Tap Add Card.
- Follow the steps to add a new card. If you're asked to add the card that you use with your Apple ID, cards on other devices, or cards that you’ve recently removed, choose them, then enter the card security codes.
How to Use Apple Pay® in Participating Stores:
- Look for the Pay Wave® or Apple Pay® symbol at checkout and hold your phone near the contactless reader.
- Place your finger on the Touch ID™. Or, you may need to enter a passcode and sign a receipt.
- Keep your phone by the reader until it vibrates and beeps, indicating your payment was accepted.