Another fantastic feature of an account with Austin Telco is getting your direct deposit up to two days in advance! All you have to do is set up Direct Deposit with your employer or other payer into your Austin Telco Checking or Savings account, and we'll take care of the rest.
This means you can use your money earlier for bills, groceries, or anything else.
Join Austin Telco today to take advantage of this great service!
How to locate your Direct Deposit information:
- Login to Online Banking using your username and password.
- Once logged in, click the small gear icon by any of your Savings or Checking accounts.
- On the pop-up menu, click Direct Deposit Info to see your 10 digit Electronic Account Number and the Austin Telco routing number.
- Is there a fee with early direct deposit?
Early Direct Deposit is a free service offered to all members who utilize Direct Deposit. Just set it up and we'll take care of the rest.
- What kind of deposits will post early with direct deposit?
Any incoming Electronic Funds Transfers (EFTs) deposits. This could include payroll, Social Security benefits, tax refunds, and more.
- Why didn't I get my direct deposit early?
Austin Telco FCU provides access to funds when we receive notification of an impending deposit. This is typically up to two days before the scheduled payment date, but it may be later. In these cases, your direct deposit may not be available early.
- Why have I not received my funds at all?
This means Austin Telco hasn’t received the funds or the EFT deposit. Make sure you check with your employer or payer to ensure Direct Deposit is set up correctly.
- My employer doesn't allow me to split my direct deposit, can I do this another way?
Yes! Login to your ATFCU account and create an automatic transfer for whenever your paycheck hits. So if you get paid on the 15th or 30th, have the funds automatically split on that day.