Signature Guarantee is a free service provided to members at certain Austin Telco Branch to assist in the purchase, sale, or transfer of their stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and other securities. To allow securities transactions, a signature must be "guaranteed" for the benefit of the member's stockbroker or other financial representative. We follow strict guidelines when guaranteeing a signature, using the Securities Transfer Agents Medallion Program (STAMP) certification to ensure that the guaranteed signature is covered within the monetary limits of our bond. Our bond company limits this service to our being able to guarantee signatures for only Austin Telco members. To help facilitate the signature guarantee, Austin Telco members must provide the following:
- ATFCU account number.
- Government issued picture ID (driver's license, state ID, Military ID, etc.)
- The form letter from your brokerage firm or financial institution on their company letterhead requesting the signature guarantee.
Signature guarantees are only used with securities. If you have any questions about signature guarantee, please contact us at 512-302-5555 or stop by an Austin Telco branch that provides this service. Please keep in mind that only certified personnel may provide this service.
What are the requirements for getting a Medallion Signature Guarantee?
It is our goal to provide members with an excellent member service experience while meeting all the requirements of a Medallion Signature Guarantee. To do this, the following are required in advance of requesting a Medallion Signature Guarantee:
- Member must be in good standing for 90 days or longer.
- Photo ID required from all signers.
- A current and complete statement of the security to verify ownership showing the account holder and total value.
- Document must be signed by all owners in our presence, not beforehand.
- We often need to review additional supporting documents depending on the specific transaction under review.