2022 Annual Business Meeting
The 81st Annual Meeting of Austin Telco Federal Credit Union was held on March 9, 2022, at 11149 Research Blvd., Suite 300, Austin, Texas. Chairman, Paul Paulsen, called the meeting to order at 2:19 PM., after all in attendance introduced themselves. Joe Bain Jr. gave the invocation and the Chairman determined a quorum was present. Joe Bain made a motion to dispense with the reading of the 2021 Annual Meeting minutes and approve as submitted. Liz Heiling seconded the motion and the motion carried unanimously. Reports were made by the Chairman of the Board, the Treasurer, Supervisory Committee Chairman and the Nominating Committee Chairman. Paul Paulsen mentioned that the reports are also available in the Annual Report. No old or new business was presented at the meeting. The election of directors was conducted after a report by the nominating committee chairman, Paul Tidrick. There were three applications received by the committee and they were all approved by acclamation. Paul Paulsen, Steve Read, and David Westlund were elected to three-year terms. Motion by Paul Tidrick and seconded by Joe Bain. The meeting was adjourned at 2:30 PM.
Phone scammers often disguise their identity by using illegal spoofing techniques to send false information to your caller ID display. To trick you into answering, spoofers may use local area codes and numbers that look familiar or may impersonate a company you do business with, local utilities, or government agencies. These spoofing impersonators can also come in text messages, emails, and even social media contacts that send fraudulent links to gather your information.
Here are some good ways to avoid being spoofed.
- Don't answer calls or texts from unknown numbers or emails you do not recognize.
- If you respond and it's not who you expected, cease communication immediately.
- Never assume an unexpected call or message is legitimate. Stop all communication and call back using a number you can verify on an official website or statement.
- Be suspicious. Fraudsters can be persuasive: They may ask innocuous questions, sound threatening, or sometimes seem too good to be true.
- Don't give out personal information: Account Numbers, Social Security Numbers, Passwords, or Security Question Answers.
- Use extreme caution if you are being pressured for immediate payment, especially if they want gift cards or for you to use mobile apps like Cash App and Venmo.
- View your account activity regularly and make sure everything looks normal.
- Never give your username and password to anyone.
Remember, if it seems too good to be true, it's likely fraud. You can learn more at fcc.gov/spoofing.
You can also sign up for free Account Alerts to help protect you and your ATFCU account.
Account Alerts are customized messages sent in virtual real-time to update you whenever there is a change to your account. You can set the messages you want to receive and always be connected.
To set up your Account Alerts, log into Online Banking and choose "Account Alerts" from the navigation menu.
Meet our new Mortgage Partner!
We've partnered with Member First Mortgage for your mortgage lending needs!
Austin Telco Federal Credit Union has partnered with Member First Mortgage to provide our members with a wide selection of mortgage programs, competitive rates, and excellent service. With this new partnership, our mortgage program has expanded to include amazing services such as:
- Complete suite of mortgage programs.
- Low down payment mortgage options.
- Competitive rates and closing costs.
- Free online application and pre-qualification.
- Expedited Closings.
Learn more about our mortgage loans or apply online today!
*All lending products are subject to credit and property approval. Terms, conditions, and interest rates are subject to change without notice. Certain restrictions may apply and may vary based on borrower qualification and collateral conditions. This is not a commitment to lend. Additional restrictions may apply. Member First Mortgage, LLC is an affiliate of Austin Telco Federal Credit Union. Austin Telco Federal Credit Union: 11149 Research Blvd., Suite 300, Austin, TX 78759 | (512) 302.5555 | NMLS ID: 422857. Member First Mortgage, LLC Corporate Office: 616 44th Street SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49548 | (866) 898.1818 | NMLS ID: 149532 | Equal Housing Opportunity.
Our Mailing Address Has Changed
Our corporate office and loan department have moved to the Balcones Centre Building. Please make note that this is our new mailing address:
11149 Research Blvd., Suite 300
Austin, TX 78759
Please make sure to mail in all deposits, checks, and loan payments to this new address. In addition, if you use another financial institution's bill pay service to send loan payments to your Austin Telco account, be sure to update the mailing address with the other financial institution to avoid delays.